For the past several hours it is spring again! We have to hurry with it though as another bout of winter is due to return Monday evening! So lets get the show on the road, right?
I have picked a new spot to place about 6 to 9 wooden raised garden beds and help define the front of our place look a little better. It was actually Dad's idea!! so kudos to him!!
So while he is gone this next week...off to Idaho...I shall be busily wearing out the pages of my new garden catalogs. FUN! I'll mark off all the do-dads that I want and he'll pare it down to what we can afford later. The nursery isn't even open yet, so we have a few weeks before we can make the big purchase.
But we have a maze of PVC piping to install for the watering system and to actually MAKE
the wooden boxes...then order the dirt...you see my dilemma. Even is we get the monster into place before the leaves change color again I'll be pleased! Wish us luck!!! and good supply of Neosporin for our blisters...and a new heating pad for my back...
3 comments:
I'm sure it's going to look great! (E's house look's good painted red.) I always forget you guys are so snow-bound--no wonder you're hungry for spring. Living in CA makes your forget about all that!
I'm glad to see you blogging again.
I know that you and Dad will do a good job with your garden boxes. You've always had such nice garden spots. Are you gonna dig up some hostas from the other place??
I really shouldn't as the "closing" has already begun. But I am tempted to get a little. But I actuallly had to go down there today and looked about at a few things and saw that the deer did heavy damage with no one about. Too Bad!
Post a Comment