Friday, September 26, 2008

No House is Complete Without a Kitchen!



These are shots of the "just paneled today" kitchen area. It is all beadboard that I intend to paint within the next few days...perhaps a pear green...or a tangerine? Who can tell? Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Alissa Nicolau said...

That's a whole lot of electrical outlets goin on in there!

Alissa Nicolau said...

Oh yeah, pear green or tangerine sound fun to me but I think you need to consider the entire space. Isn't it all a great big room? What kind of countertop will you have, color of cupboards... I would peruse over some design magazines. A lot of spaces are being designed small and efficient. You might be able to find some terrific ideas you may not have thought of on your own.

KristyKay said...

Well, everything I have picked out has been called "biscuit," so it makes perfect sense that the cabinets I chose were also called...biscuit!
And remember...the only part of any kitchen wall that shows is mainly the sliver between top cabinets and the counter tops. So the color will mainly be an accent deal. The ceiling will be Dad's traditional box-car siding with Dad's traditional recessed lights.
The counter tops I'd really like are Silestone...I know, I know!! Its really expensive...but I'm worth it right? Anyhow, the color I like is a really pale green with little parsley-colored things in it.
So I think either the pear green or a soft tangerine (light-salmony-rusty stuff) will be good looking.
The neutrals are the natural wood car-siding in the living area and the ceilings...the floor will be an oaky something, again neutral and will probably just disappear. So I think something that will pleasingly pop might serve us well.
I purchased curtain panels from IKEA that are a pretty ginger nubbed silk. (hence the tangerine idea) I have nice soft linings that will help make them more opaque. I plan to hang them on rings but finding a pole as long as I need will pose a challenge. I think the front door span is about 10 feet.