Today it is nearly TWO WEEKS since this terrific
thing happened in their family. I have been going
down to see Jo every couple days. She is a mess, understandibly!
John has had a major section of his large colon removed due to
many problems. That culminated with an attached colostomy bag
that he will have to function with for the rest of his life.
Jo seemed to think that was a terrible thing but I reasoned with
her that it is better to have an irritating, potentially embarrassing
issue like that rather than a dead husband! She thought it would
ruin his life,( i.e. stop him from hunting etc.) But I don't see that
as a problem after he gets the hang of it all.
He also has a pneumothorax (a crushed chest in layman's
terms, I think. Trent, correct me if I'm wrong.) But his BP is fairly
since they did the surgery yesterday and so they believe they might
have captured the internal bleeding along with the "faulty bowel."
So let's keep our collective prayers headed in their direction that
he turns a positive recovery corner this week. Jake has over 200 calls
on his cell phone so PLEASE DO NOT CALL HIM. He is keeping in
touch via Taylor, so get your news from him.
Thanks for all your interest. Dad and Dave Grotjahn are going to
give Jo a blessing later today. She thought that would be a comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment