The weather since the last storm front went through has been so beauuuuutiful that I can hardly stand it. Clear, blue skies, big fluffy clouds...or none at all. The temps have been about 65-75 during the day and down to about 50 at night. Wonderful to sleep through!
I left the windows wide open both nights now and a lot last week, too. Last evening I even woke up because I was chilly! Actually what woke me up was Bare-naked Schnitzel down on the end of the bed shivering away without a blanket to cuddle in. He was sleeping on his Mexican blanket so that was no help. So I got up and found one of Dad's flannel shirts and covered the little twerp up. Then we both slept like babies until 8:00 this morning!
Well, bad news for Dad. He went down to Illinois for another swing at the cave and once again got rained out. The weather actually said possible showers! So they went ahead and planned the excursion. Then at 6:00am today, Dad got a call from Don, the landowner saying, "please do not drive your vehicles and the digging equipment across the fields. They had gotten 3 1/2" of rain during the night! Dad said that they knew they where in trouble after it got dark and started to rain. And it rained, and rained...and rained some more. Sheets of the stuff and loads of lightning, too. So they weren't very surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.
So they are once again on their way back home, tail between their legs and lips out.
The cement was also delayed today. I got home from church to find a message on the machine from the cement contractor. He has to tear down their stuff from another site, so they won't pour for us until Tuesday now. But at least Dad will be here to supervise.
Hope that you all had a good Sabbath. I love you all. XXX
2 comments:
I can not believe that they were rained out ... again. Poor Dad. He must be so sad. Poor Joshua for driving out all that way.
Thank you for this blog Kris. Your writing is very entertaining and fun to read. I am sorry about the cave. Hope you guys are doing okay. it is strange to see pictures of the old shop. I forget sometimes about how beautiful Wisconsin is!
Post a Comment