Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Floor Goes In At Last!



This is such a wonderful day! The weather held up and the "C-ment" is in. The workmen were there before 7:30am and it was virtually finished by 9:30 when Dad and I went up to see how things where coming. It is all swirly and clean!! Anyhow, they said we could could walk on it after lunch (as they were already standing on it working with the big grasshopper-like sanding machine.) So I am all anxious to get up there and begin chalking out the walls that Josh and his friend Doug Salvison (sp?) are putting up tomorrow. Just think...studs...that was a pun...get it! Studs... putting up studs, oh well... The workmen are returning tomorrow to pour the cement for the front entryway area. They needed more glurp and it was too late to get it ordered for today, yet. So that will be even better. I've looked at putting out planters, etc. this year...just because I am excited, but it's just too soon. Next year! I guess it's a bit smarter to actually have the door installed before I start decorating it, right? Good day all around!

3 comments:

Alissa Nicolau said...

Very exciting Mom! You even got to hang out with shirtless men at work! Were you inspired to write any new stories?? Oh, the looks great! Love ya.

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

So weird to see the garage like that. It looks so awesome! I can't wait to show Ephraim your blog. He is going to be very excited. He has not seen these photos yet. Blogging is awesome. Thanks for posting the pictures Kris.

millie said...

Looks good! It's fun to see the progress on your new place. It feels good to be able to see what you guys are up to!