Such a wonderful year for the Wisconsin farmers! This is Jerry's corn, right here down by Steve Braker's corner, and as you can see it is way over my head and already tasseling out. Likewise, all other crops in the area are also doing very well. A few fields have standing water that has taken out and swamped crops in their corners and along stream banks, etc . But it is hardly enough to comment on, and I don't think that the farmers are all that distressed about it.
There are more ducks and geese about, the cranes are also out in the fields snitching as fast as they can. The owls have been hooting a lot during the nights and seem to be very happy this year.
The Mama Doe only has one fawn this year. That is a miracle for us, but I can't help but wonder of the doe is simply a youngish one, or did something happen to the other twin?
4 comments:
It was nice to see that the crops are growing good this year. That has to make everyone feel pretty good.
I love these posts. Keep them coming.
Did you notice the time stamp on Cesar's comment up above? 3:30 am poor guy. I miss the cat.
I guess I will have to post a picture of our Nevada corn. It has now reached Daphne's shoulder. (Smile). She thinks it is so tall, and loves to run through it. Owen loves to run through it too, but also all over it and on top of it. (We have to keep the gate locked, so Owen can not get in.) I showed Daphne this picture of you in the corn, and she can not believe it!
Post a Comment